The RICS HomeBuyer Report (HBR) is a survey report that has been designed to give you concise information about the condition of a property.
The HomeBuyers Survey will also give you a valuation of the property to help you decide what is a reasonable price to pay.
About the report
The RICS HomeBuyer Report uses a clear traffic-light coding system to describe the condition of each area of the property, and highlight any problems your Surveyor has identified.
The report is written in plain English and broken down into the following sections:
- What is included and how the inspection is carried out
- A summary of condition ratings and the Surveyor’s overall opinion of the property
- Features of the property
- Elements outside of the property
- Elements inside of the property
- Services (such as electricity, gas, and water)
- Garages, permanent outbuildings and grounds
- Issues for your legal advisers
- Risks to the building (for example: any damp, timber and structural movement), grounds, people and other areas
- Market value
- What to do next
- Maintenance tips
- A house diagram